The Kalamazoo Municipal Golf Association (KMGA) proudly manages three municipal golf courses serving thousands of golfers in southwest Michigan each year. The KMGA is overseen by an 11-member Board of Governors; six of whom are elected by the membership and serve 3-yr terms; three of whom are ex-officio members appointed by the City of Kalamazoo, and two of whom are appointed by the Kalamazoo City Commission (see below). Under our Master Plan, the KMGA has spent over $1.5 million in recent years on improvements at Milham Park and Eastern Hills for increased enjoyment of all our players.
For more information about the KMGA, please follow this link.
2013 KMGA Board of Governors:
Curt Wiser, President
Sharon Barry, Business Manger
The KMGA was created in 1924 to manage operations at the Gateway Golf Course, which operated until the property was sold in 1944 to Western Michigan University for campus expansion.
- 1931: The first nine holes at Milham Park Golf Course were created, and in 1936, the second nine holes were put into play.
- 1937: Red Arrow Golf Course, a nine-hole “pitch and putt” course, was built by the city of Kalamazoo. In 1984, Red Arrow was turned over to the KMGA for operation and maintenance.
- 1959: Eastern Hills Golf Club was dedicated as an eighteen-hole layout, and nine additional holes were added later. In 1986, the KMGA took over its operation and maintenance.